the founder of Yogatherapy in Ukraine
the Head of the Ukrainian Institute of Yoga and Yogatherapy
Yoga instructor (Ukrainian Yoga Federation)
I was born in 1979 in the city of Kharkov, Ukraine. And it is here, in my favourite city, that I now live my active life and work in the field of medicine and Yoga-therapy as the:
- author of articles and scientific publications on therapeutic aspects of Yoga; on the mechanisms of effects caused by asanas, pranayamas and other practices of Yoga-therapy;
- author of the research works done in the field of Yoga-therapy ( Yogatherapy in the field of respiratory and cardio diseases; physiology of asanas and pranayamas — it’s influence on the human body);
- organizer and leading instructor of numerous workshops on various aspects of Yoga and Yoga-therapy arranged in Kiev, Kharkov, Donetsk, Mariupol and Crimea.
Вeing a founder and a prominent specialist in the field of Yogatherapy in Ukraine I consider one of my goals to introduse Science in the field of Yogatherapy. I think it’s necessary to unite ancient practices of Yoga and approach of modern technologies and methods. It»s necessary to open Yoga secrets to transform human body, to explore human soul. And to develope modern medicine.
As to my basic trade, I am a doctor. I have got two degrees – in medicine (Kharkov State Medical University, 2001) and psychology (Kharkov State University named after Karazin).
I went to study in the Tibetan Medical and Astro. Institute established by Dalai Lama (Leh-Ladakh, India).
In 2010 I took special courses of Ayurvedic therapy ( Ayurvedic Health Care, Тiruvanantapuram, Kerala); I was improving my knowledge in the Mysore University’ clinic.
I have completed the certified course of Su Jok delivered by its founder, Prof. Park Jae Woo (2007).
I’ve been practicing Yoga since 2001.
In terms of my study of Yoga I visited India and there I studied:
- Ashtanga-Yoga at Sri V. Sheshadri, Mysore;
- Viniyoga in the Institute of TKV.Desikachar;
- from Jayakumar Swamysree at Pranava Yogadhama Trust;
- in scope of the of B.K.S. Ayengar tradition;
- in the Institute of Vivekananda - SVYASA ( Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samasthana), Bangalore;
- in the Yoga Research Institute founded by Swami Kuvalayanda - Kaivalyadhama Yoga Institute, Lonaval;
- in the Yoga Institute founded by Sri Yogendra - The Yoga Institute, Mumbai;
- in the Bihar school of Yoga founded by Swami Satyananda Saraswati.
My comprehension of many aspects that have made the basis of my current methods of teaching Yoga and Yoga-therapy has come as a result of study and travelling in India.
I believe that every person should at least once in the lifetime make a self-dependent journey, since there is nothing else that changes one’s habitual world the way that meeting new people and spaces does. I was lucky to have visited the countries of Eastern Europe, Israel, Palestine, India, Tibet and Turkey.
This post is also available in: Russian